1.01.2007

Photo A Day ~ 1 Jan

I'm not really sure how I should be posting my 'Photo A Day Challenge'... and since I'm just a tad ahead of everyone in the States, I'm just gonna wing it! ;)

I am obsessed with the trees of Japan... and most recently, the trees in my backyard! They were beautiful, lush green trees when we arrived in late April. Everyone said we just narrowly missed the Cherry Blossoms. I've watched these amazing trees transform from those full of leaves to these skeletons... and I am still obsessed!

ss 1/100, f 7.1, iso 400

Yes, I know it's photo of the day... not photos... but I couldn't decide which one I liked best! The roots of the skeletal trees are just as fascinating to me. There's something very peaceful about their finger-like roots sticking up out of the ground... seeing part of the network that keeps these huge trees alive.

ss 1/60, f 5.6, iso 400

18 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, these are awesome. I can see why you have a hard time choosing. I also love trees so am really digging what you did.

Ingrid said...

WOW, the roots of those trees look very cool. I love the angle of that shot.

Rebecca said...

Great pics! I like the roots pic best, something about the texture and colors. I can't wait to see your cherry blossoms!

Unknown said...

Very cool pics! Love how the roots of the trees look like feet and toes grabbing themselves into the soil of the Earth. TFS :-)

Jan said...

Great pics! I especially love the picture of the roots on the trees. Nice angle and capture!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to add that I really like these photos too! I so rarely take any that don't include someone I'm related to, but you've inspired me to try to shots of my world.

Rose

Unknown said...

I love these. I love trees in general, but the angles and framing of these are great!!!

Krissynae said...

Very cool pictures. Number one looks like it could snow any minute. Number 2 does looke like either fingers or toes. freaky.. way to go. Happy New Year

Sheri said...

very nice!

Michelle said...

oh gosh...the second one creeps me out, which is good because it fills me with emotion. (mostly because of it reminding me of human parts.) great captures. (oh and I posted more then one too :) )

bprincephoto said...

Trees are one of my favorites!! I love the roots shot. Such a great picture.

Dorothy said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Haleigh said...

Beautiful Shots! I'm glad that you broke the rules and posted two. I love your second pic. Great POV!

Cindi Koceich said...

Lovin' the trees! I think the two perspectives are awesome shown together!

Dee Marie said...

trees are like old souls, and you really captured their personalities here. I favor the 2nd shot because of the angle and the texture that you captured. The first one has a great abstract feel to it.

Anonymous said...

They look like feet! What a great idea for a shot!

Ariana said...

Oooh, both pictures are neat.

Unknown said...

I remember seeing pics of those trees when they were green! what a difference! And I hae to admit the roots kind of creep me out - not sure why. :)