12.31.2006

January *PINK* Challenge!

As a mom of four boys, it's difficult to find pink items at my house! The January Color Challenge came at the perfect time because I have a small white Christmas tree decorated predominantly PINK! It's my girly contribution to the holiday decor! ;)

I grabbed a few of the pink glass ornaments and started snapping. I used the kit lens (18-55mm) and shot with the built-in flash & then without flash... and these were my favorite two! I'm convinced any good photos I get are purely accidental! I just recently got brave enough to shoot without the auto setting... and I know very little about all the bells & whistles on my dRebelXT!


ss 1/60, f 5.6, iso 400 (built-in flash)


ss 1/4, f 5.6, iso 400 (no flash)


As always, comments/criticism/advice welcome!


9 comments:

Monica said...

Very nice shots of the ornaments!

Dorothy said...

Thanks Monica!

Ingrid said...

Love the pink hue on the ornaments. Great shot.

Julianna said...

dorothy - thanks so much for posting both with and without flash, it is really cool to see the difference! I want to try this challenge, too!

Dorothy said...

Julie - I really hope you join in with the challenge! It has REALLY brought out my "thinking cap" when it comes to my camera. I finally got brave enough to start shooting with manual settings!! I can't wait to play again tomorrow!

Sarah Heggie said...

Wonderful shots of the ornaments! Enjoyed the Seattle photos too. (We live about 2 hours north of Seattle!)

Debbie said...

Ooohhh, very cool shots!

Julianna said...

dorothy - these two pictures alone convinced me to join in on the challenge. thanks for inspiring me!

also, I want those ornaments lol!!

Nan said...

Pretty picture! The only pink things I can find in my house (with four sons also!) are in my own closet!
Nan