1.02.2007

Photo A Day ~ 2 Jan

Photo A Day ~ Day 2!
My youngest son was on the back porch with my mom and I couldn't resist the opportunity for some great photos! I just love this one of him peeking through the slats on the porch fence railing. Peek-a-boo turned into quite a game! :) It was also a great time to play with the settings on my camera! I kept adjusting all the manual settings & shooting! The manual stuff is starting to make sense to me!

dRebel XT, kit lens, outside, mid-afternoon, overcast sky; ss 1/100; f 7.0; iso 800


And again, I couldn't just choose one! This shot was taken right after the one above. Same settings. But, on this one, I tried my hand at a little Photoshop work! To the right of his head, right above the fence, was a dark spot from something on my back porch. It was really distracting, poking up from behind the fence, so I "cloned" it out. :)


17 comments:

Kathy said...

More cool photos.

Jennifer Dexter said...

This is darling. It tells a nice story. TFS

Jenny said...

Very cute. Love the rough wood look.

Dorothy said...

Stephenie, I was playing with all the settings... and by the time I figured out what I was doing, and wanted to focus on him, he was SO done with our game! Gotta love 4-year-old attention span! ;)

Maybe he'll cooperate tomorrow!

nomo wino daph said...

Very very cute!!

Yay for everyone out already taking pictures!

Ariana said...

He is so cute. The one of him peeking through the fence is great.

Haleigh said...

Great shots.I like your point of view on these. Good job!

~Jamie said...

WAIT... that is not a toddler that is a kid... nope sorry... can't be NOAH! Just can't!

LOVE the photos!

cristina said...

loved the one peeking thru the slats. good job!

Amanda said...

I love that 1st one. Very cool shot!

Unknown said...

sounds like Jamie is in a bit of denial. :)

He's so cute! You're doing a great job figuring out your camera. Keep working so that you are an expert by the time I get mine!

Unknown said...

These are cute pictures. I love the one of him peeking over.

Anonymous said...

These are really good. Manual is so rewarding, just takes practice.

I like this challenge idea, may so it myself.

CK

Anonymous said...

Excellent photos Dorothy! That one of Noah peeking through is TOO cute.

Rebecca said...

Great shots, you'll be *fluent* with manual in no time!

Adrienne said...

LUV the one of him peeking through the fence, what an amazing shot, love the dof and sharpness, you nailed it! Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Tammy said...

I really like the second shot. He is looking right at the camera. However, I wish I could see his eyes better.