1.08.2007

Photo A Day ~ 8 Jan

MOM'S WALKING TOUR... Mom and I went shopping today. We walked all over Fussa... the town just outside Yokota Air Base. We bought some stuff at the ¥ shop. It's basically like a Dollar Tree store because ¥100 (100 yen) is close to $1.00 and almost everything in the shop costs ¥100. It's a pretty fun store. Three floors of all sorts of little stuff... storage, kitchen gadgets, dishes, pet supplies, candy, snacks, decorative stuff for the house... and we couldn't read any of the labels!


I took Mom to eat at a restaurant that my husband took me too a few months ago. Ya have to pick your meal from the pictures on the menu and just hope it's what you think is in the picture!!! ;) When we were walking back I took these pictures of the big road sign & Mom in front of a cute little statue. I didn't carry my camera today so I used her little Kodak point-n-shoot camera. And since her camera is set to her date/time in Florida, it still said 1/7/07 at 2:30pm on January 8th here!


17 comments:

Ren said...

That's such a cute statue.

Too funny on the date.

Haleigh said...

Great statue. I love to see different buildings and things from other places and countries. Keep submitting : )

Jenny said...

How fun. I can't wait to see more of your sights of Japan. Love the 100 yen store. Just sounds so funny instead of the dollar store.

Ariana said...

Wow, cute statue. Cool shots. It's so interesting reading about your life in Japan!

Unknown said...

That is a super cute statue. Love the picture of the sign too and how you got some buildings and cars in the picture as well. TFS

Michelle said...

sounds like a fun day! and what a cute statue.

Monica said...

I'm really enjoying seeing the sights of Japan too here on your blog! Your a great storyteller too. Love the pic of your mom by the cute statues!

~JustJulie~ said...

Very neat photos. How cool that you get to live on "the other side of the world" and what great pictures to remember it all.

Adrienne said...

Life must be so cool living over there!? I love the statue, can't wait to see more pictures from life over yonder!

cephotos said...

Fun photos. The colors in the second are great.

Jan said...

Great pics. I love getting a peek at new places. TFS!

CK Photo said...

love those little statues.

Andrea said...

Love the signs...that we can't read! That must be so weird to be in a different culture where you are the minority... I look forward to lots more of your pictures :)

lj0208 said...

isn't the best thing about living abroad finding out new and amazing things to buy or eat.

i love being in a foreign country and eating their chocolate bars. it doesn't taste like home, it tastes so much more exotic.

love the photos

Krissynae said...

I like these photos. those dolls are too cute. Looks like she had fun

Dar Kaso said...

Fun photos. I lived in Japan, its been 20 years now in Yokosuka. Everything was so cute, looks like they still love the cute stuff now.

Sheri said...

great pics!