3.19.2007

Photo A Day ~ 18 Mar

This photo proves that equipment and training only gets ya so far... the right opportunity has a LOT to do with what you can capture! My husband flies near Mount Fuji almost daily... and this is what he got with my 5mp Sony point-n-shoot back in December, on his way to his deployment... and better yet, this was shot through the front window of a military cargo plane! Look closely at the bottom half of the image. Those zig zag lines are the hiking trails going up the side of Mount Fuji. In August, he climbed to the very top with a group of friends. In December, you can only see a portion of the trail. We'll visit this amazing place again next summer... when it's not all covered in white! :)
This image is SOOC... resized & added watermark. I didn't take this photo, but I am SO proud of him for it! The small image doesn't do it justice! I couldn't resist giving him a little spot on my photo blog to show it off!

10 comments:

Kate said...

This is a great photo!

Just Me said...

What a totally amazing picture Dorothy...Breath taking doesn't even come close.

Jan said...

Oh wow!! What an awesome shot!!

amyz said...

That picture is awesome!

Jeanne said...

:eek: that's amazing!

Angie Feldman said...

Hi Dorothy!! (waving) Great photo - it's a long way from WF, isn't it?

Dorothy said...

Thanks everyone! It still amazes me that I live HERE! Seeing the everyday things in town just seems so unreal!!!

And, Angie, yeah!!! It sure is a LONG way from Wichita Falls!!! :)

Lynette said...

This is a great photo. It must be great to be able to have such a range of places to take pictures,

Carolyn said...

that is so beautiful...I love everything abt it

Anonymous said...

Hi Dorothy, You tke great photos...enjoyed viewing all of them...I have a request...I love Mt Fuji and collects pic of it...but nothing comes close to what you got here...could you kindly let me have a copy of it for personal keepsake only...not to be share...appreciate if you could let me have the original without the watermark. Thank you.
Sorry, got problem trying to attached my gmail .... please send it to me at gmail. Thank you korakuen