1.19.2007

Photo A Day ~ 18 Jan

I was sitting at my dining room table tonight, reading some photo info online, and decided to play with my camera a little bit... problem was... I was too lazy to actually get up & go to a room with better lighting or more interesting stuff to photograph! ;)

So... here's a tilted view of a Japanese lamp & picture frame on the table behind my leather sofa. That's me & my hubby in that photo! (*Note to self: dust sofa table. HA!)
Canon dRebel XT, Canon 50mm/1.8 lens, image is SOOC...
ss 1/15, f 1.8, ISO 400
.
And these were totally random manual settings since I was just adjusting & shooting... learning by doing... :) I was just playing with my 50mm 1.8 lens basically because I'm so not used to shooting with a prime. I forget that my feet actually work sometimes!!! I want the lens to get me closer... I'm either spoiled by zooms or lazy!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Nice photo. Your focus is great. I so want a prime lens. That's the next purchase.

Mom2Drew said...

I just realized you are living in japan-where have I been? AWESOME! Ok, back to the photo...I like the angle on this one, makes something that is basic, very interesting! Yes, primes take getting used to, but...they are so sharp-hard to beat!

Lori said...

I like the angle! I do terrible at angles, all of mine just look like I took a crooked picture! :)

Dar Kaso said...

Very nice, great angle.

Tammy said...

I agree with everyone else...nice angle. Great job!

Krissynae said...

Beautiful shot. It is a great angle

Julianna said...

love the tilt, and how you can totally see the picture of you and tom!