1.13.2007

Photo A Day ~ 12 Jan

My 16-year-old is a skateboarding fanatic. He loves it and has gotten damn good at it too! It is fun to try out my photo skill and lenses on him! This shot was one of about 400 I took of him on the street by our house. I don't know why... but of all of the photos... this one just sorta jumped out at me.
Canon dRebel XT, lens: Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM;
ss 1/320, f 5.0, ISO 400, SOOC
.
And this next photo makes me laugh... because as this was snapped, I was screaming like a girl and trying to avoid being hit by his skateboard!! ;) I took a series of shots of him on that rail you see in the background and he nearly fell. The skateboard shot towards me and evidentally it was pretty funny to my kid!

(this was taken on the sports setting... the last shot in a series of 4 photos)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome. seriously awesome. Love both these pics!

Sheri said...

awesome!
another one of my son's is like yours- my oldest (17)- a skateboarding nut!

Kathy said...

Knowing quite a few skater's I can relate to these. I think the top one is cool, too.
I really wanted to take my DD's BF somewhere w/his skateboard w/good backdrops and try shooting him but it never happened.

Julianna said...

I really like the first one!