1.13.2007

Photo A Day ~ 10 Jan

We took my parents to the airport Wednesday... and while they were getting checked in the boys grabbed some McDonald's. I rarely have the chance to get them all in one candid photo. It's amazing to see those three together... they are just SO different!


Canon dRebel XT, kit lens - ss 1/30, f 5.6, ISO 400,

PSE4: brightened a little and cropped to cut out some other airport dwellers!

Taking Mom and Dad to the airport was really hard... but it was a nice trip. Originally I had planned to go alone to take them to Narita... right up to the time to leave! I could tell my parents didn't want to say good-bye to the boys and then ride a bus for 2 hours to get to the airport. I also didn't want to ride home by myself after saying good-bye to them at the airport. Less than an hour before we had to catch the shuttle bus to Narita Airport, I made a quick trip over to the transportation office and purchased tickets for the three boys!

Having my parents here helped me so much with Tom's deployment. I had their visit to look forward to when he left, and it was wonderful to see them with the boys. Noah had an amazing time playing with Grammy and Papa! I miss them already... and now all I can do is count down the days until Tom comes home. I mean, I'm ok... there's just nothing big coming up to keep my mind off of it. The everyday stuff keeps me busy, but when the kids are in bed and the house is quiet...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A) I love that picture. I love that they are totally unaware of you. I love that they're in a Japanese airport eating McDonalds. I love that you can see so much of their different personalities just in that one picture.
B) you got some CUTE kids! They must get that from their Mama.
C) :hug:

Sheri said...

love the pic. and [HUGS} TO YOU!!!!!!

Dorothy said...

Thanks for the hugs everyone. I have my moments... most days I'm ok... reading back over that post makes me realize that wasn't one of my ok days! :)

Tammy said...

Cute Picture!!!
And did he get chicken and fry-frys?

Julianna said...

i love that you got all 3 of them in one shot!

Dorothy said...

Tammy!!! YES!!! He got chicken and fry-fries!!! My picky kid wouldn't eat anything else!