3.04.2007

Photo A Day ~ 4 March

Experimenting with exposure!

I'm taking an online photography course... and along with this week's assignment, there was also a mini lesson on exposure compensation. Here are my 3 shots while experimenting with exposures... taking 3 shots of the same object, with exposures of -1, 0, +1. The subject is nothing exciting... just a bowl of apples on my dining room table... but it's very obvious the exposure changed! Loving this class and it's only the first week!!!! :)

Taken with Canon dRebel XT, 50mm f1.8 lens... around 3pm, with kitchen/dining room lighting.

Photo1: ss 1/100, f1.8, ISO 1600 Photo2: ss 1/50, f1.8, ISO 1600 Photo3: ss 1/25, f1.8, ISO 1600 Resized for web & slightly sharpened.

8 comments:

robin said...

I am taking a photography class at our local community college and this was one of our assignments a few weeks ago. I am learning lots in the class and it's fun to meet other photographers. It's just a hobby for me, but I enjoy it. Sounds like you are busy so I hope you can find time to get some more photos posted!

Mom2Drew said...

Thank you for the mini-lesson, always good to see actual examples of things. On this one, I definitely like the "correct" exposure best. Lovely bowl by the way...wish I had it.

Michelle said...

wow, i have to try that on my DRebel! love the first and second shots...great colors!

AmyC said...

Cool experiment! In this case, I think I like the underexposed one. I've been really into darker tones lately, though! LOL!

Rebecca said...

Great visual...hmmm, now I want an apple!

Lorrie said...

great pics. i like the correct exposure the best!

Jan said...

Great bowl... and great pics! It's neat to see the differences just a tiny adjustment can make. Great job!

Just Me said...

LOVE those pics Dorothy...and that bowl is beautiful!